Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
General Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: 8th June 2021
3.0 Payment cards
4.0 Purchase of product
6.0 Cancellations & returns
8.0 Law, jurisdiction & language
9.0 Age requirement
10.0 Data protection
The terms and conditions set out below apply to all transactions between you, the ‘Customer’ and R. Scott & Co. Limited. We reserve the right to change, add or delete any or all of these Terms & Conditions by making changes to this page on our website and suggest you visit this section on a regular basis to ensure you have a full understanding of any changes.
This website is operated by R. Scott & Co. Limited. Throughout the site, the terms “R. Scott & Co.”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to R. Scott & Co. Limited. R. Scott & Co. offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to these terms & conditions. You can review the most current version of the terms & conditions at any time on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
1.1 Access To and Use of The Website
- Your access to this website is provided in accordance with these Terms & Conditions and other legal notices posted to specific parts of the website. Together, they govern your use of this website.
- If you choose to access this website from outside the United Kingdom you are responsible for compliance with local laws and the extent to which they are applicable.
- We reserve the right to modify or withdraw this website at any time, without notice to you, and we shall not be liable to you for any such modification, withdrawal, or change to these terms & conditions. Your continued use of this website following such a change will be deemed as your acceptance of the change.
- By placing any orders through this website, you warrant that: you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; the personal information you are required to provide is correct, true and complete; you will not impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name or name you are not authorised to use.
1.2 Ownership of Rights
- All rights in and to this Website are owned or licensed to R. Scott & Co. Limited. These include copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- No rights are granted to you in relation to intellectual property rights or that of third parties in the Website or its contents.
- We make no warranties to the accuracy of the information contained within this Website, whether express or implied.
- We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
- This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information may not be current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
- We make no warranties of any kind in relation to the website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the website, whether express or implied. This includes but is not limited to: implied warranties of non-infringement; compatibility; security; accuracy; conditions of completeness; or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
- Despite making our best efforts to ensure the website is free from defects and viruses, we cannot guarantee that its use will not cause harm to your computer. You are responsible for ensuring you have the right equipment to use this website and for screening out anything that could cause damage. R. Scott & Co. Limited will not be liable to you or any third party for loss or damage that may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- R. Scott & Co. cannot warrant that this website will: meet your requirements; be uninterrupted, timely or error-free; that defects will be corrected; that the website or server making it available are virus free or bug free.
- We will not be responsible or liable for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through this website.
- We will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations or otherwise out of or in connection with your use of this website for: any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) of or to business, profit, revenue, reputation, goodwill and anticipated savings; and any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or punitive loss or damage.
- You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
- Nothing in these terms & conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Until an e-mail or document has been sent to you confirming receipt and acceptance of the order you wish to place no contract shall exist between you and R. Scott & Co. After that confirmation has been received, R. Scott & Co. is entitled to withdraw from any contract with no obligations to you in the case of obvious error or inaccuracy regarding the order confirmation, price or goods.
3.0 Payment Cards
- R. Scott & Co. accepts card payment by Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- We also accept bank transfers, but please note this may cause delays to your order due to additional processing time.
- Transactions are through a Secure Payment system (payment provider: ‘Stripe’) and the credit card details are encrypted. We do not have access to your credit card information. These details are not retained once a transaction is completed.
4.0 Purchase of Product
- Our obligation to you is dependent upon the availability of goods. In the event that goods have sold out or are no longer available, R. Scott & Co. will contact you by telephone or e-mail to offer you an alternative or issue a refund for the retail price paid for the item.
- Items are not reserved if they have been saved to your Wish List or shopping bag and may be purchased by other customers.
- We reserve the right to restrict the volume of goods ordered by one customer and to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer.
- All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is prohibited.
- We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice. They are the prices for which we will sell our goods at the time of display (unless displayed in error) and online prices may vary from those in store from time to time.
- Once we have verified your card details and received credit authorisation, payment will be obtained by debiting your debit or credit card. In some cases, additional information could be needed to confirm your identity to protect customers and R. Scott & Co. from fraud. In the event that you are unable or unwilling to provide the necessary identification requested we reserve the right to cancel the order.
- We are able to deliver goods within the UK, including Northern Island.
- At the point of delivery goods will be deemed delivered to you and you will be the owner of the goods.
- Once your order has been placed, it will be acknowledged with an e-mail sent to you containing the relevant details of your order. This is not R. Scott & Co’s acceptance of your order to buy the merchandise, it is only an acknowledgement of the order. No acceptance of your order, and therefore no commitment to provide you with the merchandise, shall come into effect until your order has been accepted by R. Scott & Co. and we notify you by e-mail that we have dispatched the merchandise to you. Until this order confirmation has been received, no contract for the sale of the merchandise shall come into effect.
- The delivery time shown at the point of order is a guideline only. We will make every effort to fulfil and deliver orders within this timescale, but cannot guarantee when your order will arrive. If delivery is made outside of the estimated timeframe shown at the point of order for reasons outside of our control we cannot be held liable.
- Delivery of the goods will be arranged by R. Scott & Co. to the address given in the order. The delivery times notes on our website are estimates. We will endeavour to deliver goods that are in stock and available within 5 – 7 working days (goods should be dispatched within 2 working days and should arrive 3 workings days later). Sometimes during busy periods or bank holidays deliveries may take longer. Deliveries to Northern Ireland and more extreme areas such as the Highlands of Scotland may take longer. R. Scott & Co. cannot guarantee delivery within these timeframes and shall not be liable for failure to deliver within the estimated timeframe.
- Standard shipping is via Royal Mail, the exact details of our shipping methods are dependent on the value of your order.
- Express shipping is provided via Royal Mail Special Delivery, for faster shipping.
- R. Scott & Co. offer free standard shipping on orders over £150. Please note that if part of your order is returned for a refund and the total value of the order then falls below this threshold, the cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund.
6.0 Cancellations & Returns
- Due to the scale of our business, our interest is to minimise the number of items being returned. Please do contact us with any questions or queries, which we will be happy to answer to reduce the likelihood of a return being necessary.
- Goods purchased online can be returned to R. Scott & Co. any time within 30 days for an automatic refund or exchange. This is with the exception of gift cards and underwear, which are not returnable (if your garment is faulty, you are welcome to return it for a full refund). If 30 days have passed since your purchase, unfortunately we can't offer you a refund or exchange.
- Any product must be returned in the original, resalable condition, with the packing slip included and order number clearly legible. They should be in the original packaging, with all swing tags still in place. If the product has been altered in any way, we are not able to refund or exchange the goods. A refund will be refused for any items that are damaged or soiled and they will be returned to the customer at the cost of the customer.
- Please note that many brands of shoe can scuff or scratch easily, particularly on the soles. To prevent this, please ensure that when trying shoes you do so in a carpeted room. We will not accept shoes returned to us if they have been scuffed or scratched.
- Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
- We offer free returns on all orders, nevertheless, the responsibility of the return is still with the customer until the goods are physically received by R. Scott & Co. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
- The offer of free returns is made at the discretion of R. Scott & Co. Unless goods are faulty, we reserve the right to refuse free returns if we deem the offer is being over-used.
- In order to make a return, please contact us directly with your order number, the items you would like to return and a reason for the return. We will then e-mail you a returns label that you can print out at home and affix to the original packaging.
- Customers will be charged at cost for shipping of a replacement unless the goods are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights. If in doubt please phone for advice.
6.2 Exchanges & Refunds
- Upon receipt of your return we will inspect the goods and e-mail you to confirm we have received the returned item. We will also notify you whether the return has been approved or rejected. If approved, your refund will be processed and credit will automatically be applied to your original payment method within 3-4 days.
- If funds have not yet been received, please note that it may take some time for them to be officially posted. We suggest checking your bank account and contacting your credit card company and bank to understand processing time. Once you have done this, please do get in touch with us.
6.3 Faulty Goods
- If goods are faulty, R. Scott & Co. will use reasonable efforts to replace them. However, if it is not possible for us to find a suitable replacement, we will only be obliged to refund the full amount paid by you. This is not intended to affect your statutory rights.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear at the store. Due to variations between computers and mobile devices, we cannot guarantee the colour, shape, scale accuracy or display on our website.
- The design, text and imagery on this website are copyright of R. Scott & Co. They may not be altered or republished without written permission from R. Scott & Co. Limited.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
8.0 Law & Jurisdiction
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this website. All contracts shall be concluded in English.
- In addition to other prohibitions as set out in these terms & conditions, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international or local rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
9.0 Age Requirement
- Customers shopping online must be aged 18 or over.
- Upon purchase you will be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address and credit or debit card details.
10.0 Data Protection
11.0 Contact Us
- The shop is open 9.00am until 5.30pm Monday to Saturday. Please note, we are not open on UK Bank Holidays.
- All queries, requests or complaints should be directed to the Manager, Mr. Simon Jones, who will deal with them personally.
R. Scott & Co.
3 – 5 Castle Street,
+44 1285 653982
11.4 Company Number:
R. Scott & Co. Ltd is a registered company in England with a company number of 00567681.
11.5 VAT Number:
R. Scott & Co. Ltd has a VAT number of 274990416.