Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
This Privacy Notice explains the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service, as well as the choices you have associated with that data. We update this page on occasion to make changes to this notice, so please check back occasionally to ensure that you are happy. In dealing with your personal data, we will comply with relevant legislation in force in England and Wales. This notice is effective from 10th May 2021.
1.0 Data Controller
R. Scott & Co. Limited ('we’, 'us’ or 'our’) is committed to protecting your privacy. We are a 'data controller’, which means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You can find us on the Register of data controllers held by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/what-we-do/register-of-data-controllers/
2.0 Information We Collect From You
2.1 What personal information we need to collect
We only collect information about you in order to fulfill your orders, provide you with an improved shopping experience, or as otherwise detailed in this notice. Depending on the type of contact we have with you (for example, whether you are registering with us, or you're just browsing) we might collect your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Some of the personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our website, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data or personal data from publicly available sources for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
2.2 Why we need your personal information
While we aim to minimise the amount of personal information we request, we need to know your basic personal information in order to do the following (please note, we will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need to provide and oversee these services):
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To manage registered accounts that you hold with us;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes;
- To make a tailored website available to you;
- To manage customer service interactions with you; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
3.0 How We Use Your Information
3.1 What we do with your personal information
The information we collect about you will be used in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (or those it is proposed to enter into), and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- For our legitimate business interests, for example:
- Providing you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- Providing you, or permitting selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you with your permission to do so;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Where contact details are gathered via public sources or customer enquiries, they will not be used for marketing purposes unless requested by that individual.
4.0 Third Party Services
By using our services, you agree that we have the right to share your information with third-party service providers in order to fulfil our obligations to you.
4.1 Payment Processors
These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with are:
4.2 Deliveries and Returns
Third-party services are also used to manage Deliveries and Returns. The couriers we work with are:
Cookies are usually a string of numbers and/or letters that a website transfers to your hard drive. The cookies enable the website to 'remember' you, either for the duration of your visit (session cookies) or for repeat visits (persistent cookies).
The most common kinds of cookies we use are:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate around websites securely and to provide you with services you have specifically requested.
These cookies enhance the functionality of websites by storing your preferences. For instance, they can remember your name and location, if you provide this information.
These cookies improve the performance of websites. For instance, they help pages load quicker.
Online behavioural cookies
These cookies store information about your behaviour online, such as your browsing history. For instance, they help us tailor the advertising we show to you.
Specific functional cookies used by our website include:
These cookies are used for platform stability and to store cookie preferences. They do not collect personally identifiable information and cannot be disabled.
Our website will automatically issue cookies when you use it, unless you have adjusted your browser setting to refuse them.
You are not obliged to accept cookies; however, you may not be able to take full advantage of our site or use certain functions if you disable them.
6.0 How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your data for as long as we need to use it. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. If your information is used for marketing purposes it will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
7.0 Your Rights
7.1 What are your rights?
R. Scott & Co. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us directly.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to R. Scott & Co. You can request a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
You have the right, at any time, to object to us using your personal information. We will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling 0303 123 1113.
7.2 Direct Marketing
We send you direct marketing when it is considered to be in our legitimate business interest to do so. You can withdraw your consent to this processing of your personal data at any time.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right to object, or withdraw consent, at any time by contacting us: 3-5 Castle Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1QD or by telephoning 01285 653982.
8.0 Security of Data
R. Scott & Co. is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. We do this by:
- Encrypting data;
- Regularly assessing the cyber security of service providers that may handle your personal data;
- Internal policies and training for employees that set out our approach to data security, including that of R. Scott & Co. infrastructure, and the handling of personal information.
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
(Last Updated 16th May 2021)